Friday, September 17, 2010

Derick's bio

I was born October 25th, 1988 and was raised in San Leandro, California in the US for the foundational years of my life. San Leandro being a smaller city in the San Francisco metropolitan area, the small scale retreat in compliment to the large city exposure has given me a balanced and cultured lifestyle of societal citizenship. Enveloped in a urban environment with such a diverse social structure, my upbringing became a personal development in social empathy and interrelatedness of all people. My formal education is derived from California Polytechnic University as a student of architecture, as well as Virginia Polytechnic Institute satellite program in Washington DC. As a student of architecture, I've developed a duty to merge the powerful intent of design with my natural enthusiasm for social development into a greater picture of holistic consideration of the individual, the collective and our home, Earth.

As one urban nomad from San Francisco states: "I don't like being called homeless because even with a nice car, fancy wardrobe and a million dollar home some people are still not at home with their own hearts."